Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall is in the Air

Today I am linking up with Becky for a fun show and tell Monday. Yesterday was a holiday and we were off so technically today Tuesday, is Monday right?!

The theme is "Fall is in the Air"

1. Tell us what are you looking forward to this fall?

Well, I have extra rights to be SUPER excited for fall since it is when "D" day arrives and I finally get to hold my baby diva. Since we get a good four seasons in my area I kind of broke down my pregnancy by seasons. First trimester was end of winter/spring, second/beginning of third summer (boo for heat) and the very end fall. We even did a "pumpkin" theme reveal about our pregnancy back in March, she was originally due on Halloween until she was measured at our first u/s, still close!




I am looking forward to cooler temps as you can imagine.This weather report looks so beautiful for my shower Sunday, if it stays maybe I can wear my boots instead of flats after all!


I love all the other things that come along with fall. Pumpkin patches and carvings, apple cider, chili in the crock pot on Sundays for Football WHODEY! Bengal fans here (don't judge) I love their colors nothing screams fall like orange and black, changing of the leaves, fall fashion, fire pits and hoodie sweaters, haunted houses. Then we have birthdays for all four of the kids and our first wedding anniversary!


2. Show us your fall style. 

Being pregnant I am limited in the shopping department. I don't want to drop a lot of $$ on things I will only be wearing for a month. I do try to still find cute maternity style and things that I can wear after the pregnancy.

Frye boots are a must! Such great quality and will literally last forever, so it is worth it to spend the extra IMO.

Also, please take a peek if you haven't at my Fall Maternity look post prior to this one. The collage supposed to go here but my excuse is I'm new, please forgive. 
3. Tell us your favorite things to do in the fall. If you have children, activities to do with the kids?

Pumpkin patches with or without kids are awesome! Especially when the weather is cool and crisp. Dress your family up in cute fall attire and bring your camera because you have total free photo shoot worthy backgrounds (hay fields, corn fields/mazes, pumpkin picking etc.), the Mr. was a photographer in his past life so he has a pretty good camera and eye. Who doesn't love having fire pit nights wearing hoodies, while roasting s'mores and making the kids hot chocolate while the adults drink wine, spiked hot chocolate (with baileys Irish cream) or pumpkin beer. Then of course Halloween, no explanation needed. 
The trips last year with their cousin at a Pumpkin patch

4. Show us your favorite fall beverage. 

Pumpkin Spiced Latte & Sam Adams Octoberfest (you can bet I will be stocking my basement with these brews  to open after baby) 



5. Tell us how you will be participating in Halloween this year. Plans? Costume ideas? 

Since I will have just given birth, be in labor or about to be (and miserable) I doubt we will be having a exciting Halloween this year. Even though it would be super cute to paint my belly, my due date is a week before so playing along is not in the cards. In the past we have dressed up and taken a limo with friends pub hopping and usually a bonfire with neighbors the day of while the kids stay up really late (sugar high). Our neighborhood has tons of kids we run out of candy each year even though each year we buy more. 

This year Halloween is on a Wednesday so it will be even more low key. I really think trick-or-treating should be on the weekend before or after just like bar/club parties are! So much more fun for kids and parents when they have no work or school the next day. I wish our neighborhood would incorporate this policy. 

Fun link up!


4 comments:

  1. I love the Frye Boots- I have had a pair forever and they are so worth it! I am very much looking forward to fall this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fall so much, I wish it was here already. I contemplated putting out my Fall decor today but have decided to wait until October or at least a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am 32weeks (33 in a few days) along expecting my first baby & it's a girl as well! When is your due date? Mine's October 28th. ALSO a huge Bengals fan (I'm from Cincinnati)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all things fall! I know what you mean about buying things at the end of the pregnancy, that unfortunately is the time when you want to feel like a million bucks. New follower, can't wait to 'meet' baby diva!

    ReplyDelete